Please refer to the form example if something doesn’t make sense.
1. Please be as detailed as possible.
2. Include a time marker for each note. If the revision applies to the entire song please put
down 9:99 in the time field.
3. Always download your MP3 or WAV file before listening. Slow Internet connections can
degrade the quality of streaming audio.
4. Each member should listen to the mix through whichever speakers/headphones they
normally listen to music on so that their frame of reference is consistent.
5. Please wait to submit your notes until everyone has had the opportunity (within the
allotted time period) to listen and collect their thoughts, after that please discuss the
purposed changes and condense all the agreed upon changes into one master list that
will be submitted here.
6. Please remember to note things about the mix that you like, not just things you would like
changed. This will help me get a better understanding of what you’re going for and will
help prevent me from changing something you’re already happy with.
7. Provided that every member attended every session, fully participated in the studio prep,
pre production and tracking etc. I am happy to make all reasonable revision requests until
everyone is as close to 100% happy as possible, however, any revisions beyond 3 are at
my discretion and subject to the current hourly rate. (See Recording Information Package
PDF > Fees / Payments section for details)
8. Adding new parts, re-tracking performances that you are not happy with etc. are not
considered revisions and would be subject to the currently hourly rate. (See Recording
Information Package PDF > Fees / Payments section for details)
9. Revision notes should be submitted within 48 hours of the mix being delivered for singles,
3 days for EP’s and 7 days for LP’s unless alternative arrangements have been made
ahead of time.
10. Failing to respond to a delivered mix after the allotted time outlined above will constitute
final approval. Any revision requests after the allotted time will be subject to my
availability as well as the current hourly rate. (See Recording Information Package PDF >
Fees / Payments section for details)
11. Mix Revisions is the stage where we fine tune / automate the details within the mix (i.e. Is
the snare too loud in the chorus? Are some of the vocals too low? Do the guitars need to
be a little brighter?)
12. Please do not send individual revisions to me directly. Receiving information from 4-5+
people at once is, unfortunately, impossible to manage.
13. Level changes. If you tell me to turn something down “a little” I will usually turn it down
approximately 1dB. If you tell me to just “turn down” something I will usually turn it down
approximately 2dB. If you tell me to turn something down a lot I will usually turn it down
3dB or more. Please keep these in mind for a frame of reference so that we’re all working
from the same scale. I will of course use my discretion when fine tuning and make the
appropriate changes based on your request/needs, these increments are just basic
14. If you have any questions or are unsure about anything please contact me before
submitting your revisions.